Friday, April 17, 2009

For all my gardening friends out there.

Here's a few pictures of things that made me happy this week:


Aww....look how cute and innocent they are. Can't you just hear them pleading "Please don't kill us Vanda...we really really want to live!". What you're looking at is broccoli, cauliflower, two kinds of lettuce, green onions and cilantro. I also have peas, green beans, zucchini, and cucumbers that I'll sow from seed.
Photobucket

Who knew I'd actually one day PAY for dirt to do some gardening....not my parents, that's for sure!!! I had an aversion to dirt, gardening, and any outdoor hard work as a kid. I'm sure my mom will remind me of this when one day I'm unsuccessfully trying to get my children to work outdoors with me.
Photobucket

I *heart* my new little compost bucket. I've already started a compost pile in the backyard....hopefully next year's investment in dirt will be a little cheaper because of this. ;-)
Photobucket


I planted the lettuce last night and hope to do more work in the garden over the weekend. I really am clueless as to what I'm doing, but with the help of multiple websites, a few books and a one-on-one gardening class, I think I might be able to pull this thing off.

If you came here looking for some pictures of the girls and are disappointed that all you're seeing is dirt, then look below for the latest updates on the family.

No comments: